The Kenyan Community Abroad (KCA) is a socio-political, non-partisan organization which is registered in Washington, D.C. and Rhode Island state in the USA. It is composed primarily of Kenyans living outside Kenya. KCA was founded in March 1997 with a view to giving Kenyans abroad a platform on which to exchange views and help bring change back home. KCA seeks to facilitate the establishment of Chapters in locations around the world where there is a significant Kenyan presence.
Among the stated objectives are to:
KCA believes that:
1. Fellow Kenyans need and deserve a clean and honest government that will bring economic, political and social growth. The Kenyan Community Abroad believes in taking the government away from a few individuals and putting it back in the hands of the people's institutions - Legislature, Executive and the Judiciary, where it belongs;
2. That Kenya is, and shall continue to be, a Republic, and shall be indivisible and shall be governed by a democratically elected government;
3. That Kenyans are a one people in their ethnic and religious diversity and that their destinies are yoked with that of their motherland;
4. That the challenges that face Kenya as a nation and as a distinguished member of the society of nations transcend any ethnic or regional interests and that KCA shall only champion the cause of one nation and one people;
5. That Kenya must pursue and openly cultivate the growth of democratic institutions enshrined in the new Kenyan Constitution;
6. That all Kenyans are equal and all have a stake in the welfare of their nation and they have a right to pursue for themselves and their family an honest living under the laws of Kenya;
7. In the sanctity of human life as the highest level of creation and in the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948 and in the various human rights covenants and other international human rights instruments.
To send us your queries or suggestions Click Here . You may post your comments to: The Secretary, Kenya Community Abroad, PO Box 2805, Washington, DC 20002, USA